Heart and Stroke Foundation
To support its mission to eliminate heart disease and stroke and reduce their impact, The Heart and Stroke Foundation website provides a wealth of information on healthy living, including:
- Information on heart disease and stroke including types of conditions; prevention of risk factors; warning signs; treatment; living with heart disease and/or stroke and much more.
- A healthy living section with helpful resources and tools to help you eat well, be active, live smoke free and reduce stress.
- A selection of heart healthy recipes which are high in fibre and low in saturated fat, cholesterol and salt.
- A collection of patient resources and program information.
- A section dedicated to healthy kids including information and resources for parents, schools and communities.
Click here to visit the Heart and Stroke Foundation website.
The Arthritis Society
Take control of your Arthritis and learn to live a fully and vibrant life. The “Tips for Living Well” section of the Arthritis Society website provides you with the tools, resources and tips to manage your arthritis and get the most out of life.
Here are just some of the helpful topics found on the Arthritis Society website:
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Dealing with Emotions
- Exercising Regularly
- Guide to medications
- Managing Daily Activities
- Eating Healthy and more…
Click here to visit The Arthritis Society website.
Canadian Diabetes Association
Did you know that there are more than 9 million Canadians living with diabetes or pre-diabetes, and more being diagnosed every day? Chance are, you or someone you know is affected by diabetes.
The “Diabetes and You” section of the Canadian Diabetes Association website provides plenty of tools and information to help inform you about diabetes, including how to live well with diabetes and how to prevent or delay complications.
Here are some of the useful resources you will find on the Canadian Diabetes Association website:
- Get Checked NowCanadian_Diabetes_Association
- Healthy Living Series
- Consumer Publications
- Healthy Guidelines
- Living with Diabetes
- What is Diabetes?
Click here to visit the Canadian Diabetes Association website.
Canadian Cancer Society
To help achieve their mission to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life for people living with cancer, The Canadian Cancer Society website provides a wealth of information on cancer, prevention, research and support services including:
- Advice on living well including nutrition, fitness, alcohol, smoking and tobacco, sun and UV, Vitamin D, as well as, a section on reducing your child’s risk
- Information on being aware such as getting checking, knowing your body and other helpful facts.
- Support and services such as a community services locator, information on coping with cancer and much more.
Click here to visit the Canadian Cancer Society Website.
BC Lung Association
Living with a lung disease, or caring for someone with a lung disease, can be challenging. The BC Lung Association knows that with the right information and support you can be empowered to take control and manage your condition. To help you do just that, the BC Lung Association website provides a wealth of information on living well with lung conditions, such as COPD, asthma and lung cancer.
Click here to visit the BC Lung Association website.