Do you share our passion and commitment to make Abbotsford a healthy community?
In this section, discover the many small things you can do to make Abbotsford a healthy place to live, work and play. Whether you are a parent, student, business owner, educator, health professional or community leader, find out how to improve the health of your community.
Everyone has the potential to contribute to healthy living in their own unique way. Here are just some of the “Ideas for Action” you will find in this section.
- Assist Healthy Abbotsford to promote events, programs and initiatives
- Use your own expertise to develop and lead new healthy living initiatives
- Spread the message of healthy living and show your support for Healthy Abbotsford
- Make healthy living an integral part of how you do business
Volunteering to create to a healthy community can benefit you, your organization or your business in a number of ways including:
- Increasing your community connections
- Demonstrating social responsibility
- Increasing your organization’s visibility in the community
- Improving your sense of purpose and accomplishment, buffering stress, reducing disease risk, increasing longevity and decreasing rates of depression. (click here for more on the benefits of volunteering)
Need more “Ideas for Action” for your business or organization?
Have your own idea you would like to share?
Interested in volunteering with Healthy Abbotsford? If so, contact us!