Healthy eating starts with great intentions. With the right knowledge and tools you can turn your great intentions into lasting healthy changes. Best of all, we did the work for you and placed the trusted (national, provincial and local) healthy eating websites, tools and services at your fingertips.
- Eating the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables every day can help prevent diseases such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity. (ActNow BC)
- You can talk to a Registered Dietitian for free in BC. (Dietitian services with Healthlink BC)
- Whole grain foods such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, oats and barley contain fibre. The fibre in these foods helps to lower cholesterol and control appetite. Helping you to maintain a healthy heart and a healthy body weight. (ActNow BC)
- There are FREE healthy eating trackers available online to help you stay on track.
- Children who eat breakfast perform better at school, have healthier weights and eat more essential nutrients. All children need to start the day with a good breakfast to feel and do their best. (Dietitians of Canada)
- Dark green and orange vegetables pack an extra nutritional punch, so enjoy vegetables like broccoli, romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes and squash regularly. (Dietitians of Canada)
All these and more can be found in links provided in this section.